Monday, 19 December 2016

KonMari Challenge Week 11: CHILDREN'S LEARNING

Educational resources for children was always going to be a tough category for me. As a former EYFS teacher, I had lots of resourcesand books that I thought I could use with my daughter, especially as I have been considering homeschooling once she is old enough.

In the end, I only discarded about half of the books and some of the resources she has outgrown. At this point it is still too difficult for me to discard objects with a learning value behind them. I did, however discard the elephant alphabet chart and the Fisher Price eggs after the initial discarding session.

Resources and books before
Books
Books to discard

Books after
Flash Cards 
Math Manipulatives 
Science Kits/Microscopes 
Games 
Puzzles 
Puzzles before

Puzzles after

Puzzles to grow into
Posters 
Educational Signage 
Lesson plans 
Lap Books 
Crafts 
Miscellaneous 
Fine motor skills before

Fine motor skills after

Resources after

Sensory play before

Sensory play after
Portfolios, Report Cards, Completed Projects/Workbooks
Are you taking part in the KonMari process? How did you find sorting through your children's learning resources? Did you find it as difficult as I did, or did it make you question your decision to homeschool?

No comments:

Post a Comment