Friday, 14 April 2017

Baobao's Activity Time: Making Easter decorations

Looking for Easter inspiration? Here is an art activity I did with Baobao last year.


This week Baobao and I have been celebrating Ostara and preparing for Easter. On Monday we decorated wooden eggs purchased from Craftshapes.

We got into our painting clothes and I set the paint out in a way that Baobao could access herself.


Baobao enjoyed mixing the colours and dabbing the paint on to the eggs. 

This activity is a great way for children to join in with preparations for Easter. 

I narrated what Baobao was doing at every opportunity, giving her access to vocabulary she might not usually hear.

I helped a little, painting a base colour on to the eggs.

Baobao then decorated on top.

Our finished eggs.

I noticed that Baobao had really enjoyed painting the tuff spot, while decorating the eggs. Once the eggs were finished,  we had some free sensory play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment